Want your kids to be active and learn new skills? Kids don’t join because they have a urge to develop their character but parents on the other hand have a whole bunch of reasons why they would want their children to be active in the scouting group. In a society where winning is everything children at scouts learn to do their best and to help others. Scouting helps strengthen a relationship with your kids when time with them is so valuable.
What does a scouts parent do?
- Parents lead their family in values through scouting and sharing.
- Inspires their child to persevere through scouting
- Enhance the fun element is social activities.
From the SA Scouting Association:
“The Aim of the South African Scout Association is to encourage the spiritual, mental, social and physical development of boys, girls and young adults in achieving their full potentials as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities by:
- developing their character;
- training them in citizenship;
- developing their spiritual, social, mental and physical qualities“